Old House29-30 Sheep Street
A Grade II listed timber framed building known locally as the ‘Tudor House,’ and owned by Wellingborough Council. Originally two houses and part of the Croyland Abbey estate, much of the ground floor is Medieval, and the foundations are thought to date back to AD 948, with later Tudor editions. It is one of the few domestic buildings which survived the great fire of Wellingborough of 1738 and the only thatched house in the town.
In the late 19th Century and early 20th Century, it was owned by the Wellingborough brewery company William Dulley & Sons, who restored and gifted the building to Wellingborough Urban District Council in 1920. More recent times have seen the building used as an antique shop, the Tudor House Restaurant and as a Chinese restaurant.
Following extensive refurbishment, and research, the pub opened on 17th November 2017. Covering two floors, this is a friendly pub devoid of music, TV and gaming machines, although there are plans fro film nights.